Monday, January 20, 2014

My trip to Philippines

 When I was in the fifth grade, I went to Philippines for my English skills. I went there for 3 months and that's a lot. So, my mom, who is really bad at English, went with me. I studied   a lot in there, more than 9 hours a day but we also played and had an amazing trips that we cannot really experience in Korea. We went to trip and ate delicious foods on the weekends.

  At the first day of Philippines, November twenty-fifth, 2012, the instructor of the home stay took me and mom, and other students to a restaurant but I don't know the name of it. It has a good view of golf fields so, we enjoyed the views and ate some meat and Philippines' traditional foods. The traditional foods didn't really matched to me because I am Korean.



The next trip was to the Ttakakitai. It was December eighth, 2012.
It is a volcano mountain where we can ride horses to the mountain.To go to mountain, we should ride a boat for awhile. It was very safety. My mom first tried to ride the horse, but because the horse growl, my mom was very scared and didn't ride it. But, I rode it because I really like horse from when I was young. 
    




The next trip was to the Paksanghan. It was a very interesting place because we ride some canoes to go up to river. The workers there hold the canoe and pull the canoe to go against the flow of the river water. That was very fun, and we met some Koreans there and it was very glad to see them. This was the second trip in Philippines and it was December twenty second, 2012. When we arrive at the top, we can ride the raft to the huge waterfall and the rafts men row the raft through the huge waterfall falling from the high cliff, and it was a lot of fun! But our head is bumping because of the gravity of the water.





This was the most longest trip in Philippines which we went to Matabbunkai, the sea, and there, we slept one night! At the first day, we took the rafted house(under the picture). The sea is really shallow that it only reaches until our knees. We were trying to do the snorkeling, too but we didn't have any time. At night, we showed our special skills but I didn't do because I was shy. Actually, it was the last day of 2012, so we could see a lot of, huge fireworks and mom and I was happy but we missed dad because we couldn't get together at the end of the year.



At the most of the end of the Philippines camp, we went to a restaurant and that restaurant was very interesting. It was a buffet but has water under our feet. We were not hot because we had our feet in the water. The food was also very delicious because there was like barbecue and meat. It was so cool and very interesting.




The trip in the Philippines was very interesting and exciting. Mom and I had a lot of experience that we couldn't experience in Korea. I missed my dad but it was fun in Philippines. I will miss the friends whom I met there and teachers I met. I think I couldn't forget the memories in there.

3 comments:

  1. I have been to Philippines, too, when I was very little. However, I do not remember most of my experiences there right now. Since you have written such great photo essays about your trip, you would be able to remember your days in Philippines every time you read this posting! :) Thank you for the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, the trip to the Philippines you mentioned in the debate!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your great posts and interesting commentary TaeYoon

    ReplyDelete